Dual Currency Returns
Higher returns from a currency-linked investment
Your chance to earn higher interest than regular time deposits, based on your choice of currency pair and strike
Singaporean, Singapore PR or foreigner between 21 and 68 years old
A minimum of S$20,000 investment (or its equivalent in selected foreign currency) is required
A currency-linked investment offers the potential for higher returns. Choose from 8 different currencies and your preferred strike price for an investment period of 1 month.
This illustration is based on an investment amount of S$50,000 for a duration of 2 weeks.
Choose your currency
Between 1 week to 1 month
Conversion price between AUD/SGD
You confirm your trade.
Your investment starts and we take the money from your account. We work out interest from this date.
You will know if the currency you will receive is in SGD or AUD.
We pay your original investment plus interest into your account in SGD or AUD depending on the situation.
- Your investment has foreign exchange risks that can be affected by politics, economics and current affairs.
- You can lose all or part of your investment if:
- the value of the currency in which we return your investment on the maturity date falls;
- you withdraw the investment before the maturity date; or
- we become insolvent.
You can only fund your Dual Currency Investment with Cash.
21 to 68 years old
Singaporean, Singapore PR or foreigner
S$20,000 (or its equivalent in selected foreign currency)
This advertisement has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
Information presented as at 14 February 2020.
Apply for a dual currency investment
- The opinions or views expressed in this document are expressed by the third parties identified, and do not represent our view.
- This information is intended for general circulation only. It does not consider the specific investment objectives, financial situation or needs of anyone.
- Before you make an investment, you should speak to your OCBC Relationship Manager who will assess whether the products are suitable to you based on your investment objectives, financial situation or needs.
- If you choose not to do so, you should consider if the investment product is suitable for you.
- We are not making an offer, solicit to buy or sell or subscribe for any security or financial instrument, enter into any transaction or participate in any trading or investment strategy with you through this document.
- We do not guarantee the accuracy of this information at any time. All of the information here may change any time without notice.
- We are not responsible for any loss or damage arising from this information.
- Investment involves risks. Past performance figures, predictions or projections are not necessarily indicative of future or likely performance. Actual performance may differ from the projections in this document.
- Any reference to a company, financial product or asset class is used for illustrative purposes and does not represent our recommendation in any way.
- The information in this document must not be reproduced or shared without our written agreement.
- We may have alliances with product providers, for which we may receive a fee. Product providers may also receive fees from investors.
- We may have performed or will perform broking and other financial services for the product providers.
- We and our related corporations and their directors and officers may have or take positions in securities mentioned in this document.
- By buying Dual Currency Returns, you are giving us the right to repay you at a future date in a different currency from the currency in which you made your original investment, even if you would prefer not to be paid in this currency at that time. Dual Currency Returns are affected by foreign exchange rates, which may affect how much you get back from your investment. You may receive less than you originally invested.
- Foreign exchange control restrictions may apply to the foreign currencies linked to your Dual Currency Returns. As a result, we may repay your investment and interest in a different currency. You may receive less than you originally invested when the amount of this different currency is converted back to the base currency (the currency you originally invested). You may be able to get information on foreign exchange control restrictions, if any, for each foreign currency offered in relation to Dual Currency Returns, from the relevant monetary, regulatory or other governmental authorities for that currency.
- We will not end Dual Currency Returns before the maturity date (the date they are due to end). You may, however, withdraw the amount you originally invested before the maturity date. If you do this, please remember that you will have to pay any charges that apply which are calculated based on the amount of the time remaining before the maturity date, as well as current market conditions relating to strike prices, foreign exchange rates and changes in the underlying foreign exchange pair. These charges may mean that you get back much less than you originally invested. Please feel free to approach your OCBC Relationship Manager for details of the procedures and charges that apply if you withdraw your Dual Currency Returns investment before the maturity date.
- Dual Currency Returns are not insured deposits for the purposes of the Deposit Insurance and Policy Owners’ Protection Schemes Act of Singapore.
- This advertisement has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
Scenario 1 - your options
- Keep your investment and the interest in the base currency in your savings account or place a fixed deposit.
- Roll over into another Dual Currency Returns.
- Consider other investments that are suitable for you.
Scenario 2 - your options
- Keep your investment and the interest in the alternative currency in your savings account or place a fixed deposit.
- Choose SGD or another currency as an alternative currency, depending on your needs, market views, and the current exchange rate.
- Convert your investment back to the base currency at an exchange rate that is better than our usual rate.