- You will need to have an account with OCBC Securities Private Limited (“OSPL”) in order to make investments, trades and/or transactions with OSPL via OCBC Digital. The Online Equities Account, and all investments, trades and/or transactions (collectively, “Transactions”) made thereunder via OCBC Digital are operated, and made available to you directly, by OSPL (notwithstanding that they may incorporate the OCBC Digital mark, logo trademarks and/or other OCBC trademarks). The access and use of the Online Equities Account and all Transactions made thereunder via OCBC Digital are made directly with OSPL, and are subject to its terms and conditions. Under no circumstances will OCBC be responsible or liable for the provision, access or use of the Online Equities Account, and/or any of the Transactions made thereunder via OCBC Digital.
- The content in this app is either written by OCBC Wealth Management or a third party commissioned by Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation Limited (“OCBC Bank”, “us”, “we” or “our”), and the information herein is intended for general circulation and/or discussion purposes only. It does not consider the specific investment objectives, financial situation or needs of any particular person.
- Any opinions or views of third parties expressed in this document are those of the third parties identified, and do not represent views of OCBC Bank.
- Some of the contents in this app are summaries of the investment ideas and recommendations set out in research reports disseminated by OCBC Bank and its respective associated and connected corporations ("OCBC Group"). For any interest that OCBC Group might have in the securities and/or issuers of the securities, you may request for a copy of the relevant report from your relationship manager.
- No representation or warranty whatsoever in respect of any information provided herein is given by OCBC Bank and it should not be relied upon as such. OCBC Bank does not undertake an obligation to update the information or to correct any inaccuracy that may become apparent at a later time. All information presented is subject to change without notice.
- OCBC Bank shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising directly or indirectly howsoever in connection with or as a result of any person acting on any information provided herein.
- The information in and contents in this app may not be reproduced or disseminated in whole or in part without OCBC Bank’s written consent.
- Any hyperlink to any third party article, or other website or webpage (including any websites or webpages owned, operated and maintained by third parties) is for informational purposes only and for your convenience only and is not an endorsement or verification of any such article, website or webpage by OCBC Bank and should only be accessed at your own risk. OCBC Bank does not review the contents of any such articles, website or webpage, and shall not be liable to any person for the same.
- And it does not constitute a recommendation to you.
- If you do wish to make an investment, you should first seek advice from your OCBC Relationship Manager or Personal Financial Consultant regarding the suitability of any investment product taking into account your specific investment objectives, financial situation or particular needs.
- If you choose not to do so, you should consider if the investment product is suitable for you, and conduct your own assessments and due diligence on the investment product.
- You must read the Offer Document/Indicative Term Sheet/Product Highlight Sheet before deciding whether or not to purchase the investment product, copies of which may be obtained from your OCBC relationship manager.
- We are not making an offer, solicit to buy or sell or subscribe for any security or financial instrument, enter into any transaction or participate in any trading or investment strategy with you through any content in this app. Nothing in this app shall be deemed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell or subscribe for any security or financial instrument or to enter into any transaction or to participate in any particular trading or investment strategy.
- Where the contents have not been identified as summaries of the investment ideas and recommendations set out in research reports disseminated by the OCBC Group, the information is not intended to constitute research analysis or recommendation and should not be treated as such.
Investments are subject to investment risks
- Do note that investments are subject to investment risks, including the possible loss of the principal amount invested. The information provided herein may contain projections or other forward-looking statements regarding future events or future performance of countries, assets, markets or companies. Actual events or results may differ materially. Past performance figures, predictions or projections are not necessarily indicative of future or likely performance.
- Any reference to a company, financial product or asset class is used for illustrative purposes and does not represent our recommendation in any way.
Conflicts of interest
OCBC Bank, its related companies, and their respective directors and/or employees (collectively “Related Persons”) may, or might have in the future, interests in the investment products or the issuers mentioned herein. Such interests include effecting transactions in such investment products, and providing broking, investment banking and other financial services to such issuers. OCBC Bank and its Related Persons may also be related to, and receive fees from, providers of such investment products.
- Foreign currency investments or deposits are subject to inherent exchange rate fluctuation that may provide opportunities and risks. Consequently, exchange rate fluctuations may affect the value of your foreign currency investments or deposits.
- Earning on foreign currency investments or deposits may change depending on the exchange rates prevalent at the time of their maturity if you choose to convert.
- Exchange controls may apply to certain foreign currencies from time to time.
- Any pre-termination costs will be taken and deducted from your deposit directly and without notice.
Collective Investment Schemes
- A copy of the prospectus of each fund is available and may be obtained from the fund manager or any of its approved distributors. Potential investors should read the prospectus for details on the relevant fund before deciding whether to subscribe for, or purchase units in the fund.
- The value of the units in the funds and the income accruing to the units, if any, may fall or rise. Please refer to the prospectus of the relevant fund for the name of the fund manager and the investment objectives of the fund.
- Investment involves risks. Past performance figures do not reflect future performance. Any reference to a company, financial product or asset class is used for illustrative purposes and does not represent our recommendation in any way.
- For funds that are listed on an approved exchange, investors cannot redeem their units of those funds with the manager, or may only redeem units with the manager under certain specified conditions. The listing of the units of those funds on any approved exchange does not guarantee a liquid market for the units.
Dual Currency Returns
- By buying Dual Currency Returns, you are giving us the right to repay you at a future date in a different currency from the currency in which you made your original investment, even if you would prefer not to be paid in this currency at that time. Dual Currency Returns are affected by foreign exchange rates, which may affect how much you get back from your investment. You may receive less than you originally invested.
- Foreign exchange control restrictions may apply to the foreign currencies linked to your Dual Currency Returns. As a result, we may repay your investment and interest in a different currency. You may receive less than you originally invested when the amount of this different currency is converted back to the base currency (the currency you originally invested). You may be able to get information on foreign exchange control restrictions, if any, for each foreign currency offered in relation to Dual Currency Returns, from the relevant monetary, regulatory or other governmental authorities for that currency.
- We will not end Dual Currency Returns before the maturity date (the date they are due to end). You may, however, withdraw the amount you originally invested before the maturity date. If you do this, please remember that you will have to pay any charges that apply which are calculated based on the amount of the time remaining before maturity date, as well as current market conditions relating to strike prices, foreign exchange rates and changes in the underlying foreign exchange pair. These charges may mean that you get back much less than you originally invested. Please feel free to approach your relationship manager for details of the procedures and charges that apply if you withdraw your Dual Currency Returns investment before the maturity date.
- Dual Currency Returns are not insured deposits for the purposes of the Deposit Insurance and Policy Owners’ Protection Schemes Act of Singapore.
- All valuations are as of the valuation date indicated and represent an estimated valuation derived from market quotations or from proprietary models that take into consideration estimates about relevant present and future market conditions as well as the size and liquidity of the position and any related actual or potential hedging transactions. Although the information is derived from sources believed to be reliable, we assume no responsibility to independently verify the same. Valuations based upon other models or assumptions or calculated as of another date and time may yield significantly different results. All valuations are provided for your general information only.
- We expressly disclaim any responsibility for (i) the accuracy of the models, market data input into such models or estimates used in deriving the valuations, (ii) any errors or omissions in computing or disseminating the valuations and (iii) any uses to which the valuations are put.
- These valuations do not represent (i) the actual prices at which new transactions could be entered into, (ii) the actual prices at which the existing transaction could be liquidated or unwound or (iii) an estimate of an amount that would be payable following the early termination date of any transaction.
Graphs, charts, formulae and other devices
Investors should note that there are necessarily limitations and difficulties in using any graph, chart, formula or other device to determine whether or not, or if so, when to, make an investment.
This advertisement has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
Global Equities Disclaimer
- Dividend growth is not guaranteed, nor are companies in which you invest obliged to pay dividends;
- Companies may go bankrupt rendering the original investment valueless;
- Equity markets may decline in value;
- Corporate earnings and financial markets may be volatile;
- If there is no recognised market for equities, then these may be difficult to sell and accurate information about their value may be hard to obtain;
- Smaller company investments may be difficult to sell if there is little liquidity in the market for such equities and there may be substantial differences between the buying price and the selling price;
- Equities on overseas markets may involve different risks to equities issued in Singapore;
- With regards to investments in overseas companies, foreign exchange rates may move in an unfavourable direction affecting adversely the valuation of investments in base currency terms.
- General: The document provided by Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation Limited, Singapore (“OCBC Singapore”) is for general information only and is not intended for anyone other than the recipient. It does not take into account the specific investment objectives, financial situation or particular needs of any particular person, and does not constitute an offer or solicitation by OCBC Singapore to buy or sell or subscribe for any security or financial instrument or to enter into a transaction or to participate in any particular trading or investment strategy nor an advice or a recommendation with respect to such financial products. This document may not be published, circulated, reproduced or distributed in whole or in part to any other person without OCBC Singapore’s prior written consent. This document is not intended for distribution to, publication or use by any person in any jurisdiction, where such distribution, publication or use would be contrary to applicable law or would subject OCBC Singapore and its related corporations, connected persons, associated persons and/or affiliates to any registration, licensing or other requirements within such jurisdiction.
- Brunei: This document has not been delivered to, licensed or permitted by the Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam, the authority as designated under the Brunei Darussalam Securities Markets Order, 2013 and the Banking Order, 2006; nor has it been registered with the Registrar of Companies, Registrar of International Business Companies or the Brunei Darussalam Ministry of Finance. The products are not registered, licensed or permitted by the Autoriti Monetari Brunei Darussalam or by any other government agency or under any law in Brunei Darussalam. Any offers, acceptances, sales and allotments of the products shall be made outside Brunei Darussalam.
- Indonesia: The offering of the investment product in reliance of this document is not registered under the Indonesian Capital Market Law and its implementing regulations, and is not intended to constitute a public offering of securities under the Indonesian Capital Market Law and its implementing regulations. According, this investment product may not be offered or sold, directly or indirectly, within Indonesia or to citizens (wherever they are domiciled or located), entities or residents, in any manner which constitutes a public offering of securities under the Indonesian Capital Market Law and its implementing regulations.
- Japan: OCBC Singapore does not have any intention of conducting regulated business in Japan. You acknowledge that nothing in this document constitutes investment or financial advice or any advice of any nature.
- Malaysia: OCBC Singapore does not hold any licence, registration or approval to carry on any regulated business in Malaysia (including but not limited to any businesses regulated under the Capital Markets & Services Act 2007 of Malaysia), nor does it hold itself out as carrying on or purport to carry on any such business in Malaysia. Any services provided by OCBC Singapore to residents of Malaysia are provided solely on an offshore basis from outside Malaysia, either as a result of “reverse enquiry” on the part of the Malaysian residents or where OCBC Singapore has been retained outside Malaysia to provide such services. As an integral part of the provision of such services from outside Malaysia, OCBC Singapore may from time to time make available to such residents documents and information making reference to capital markets products (for example, in connection with the provision of fund management or investment advisory services outside of Malaysia). Nothing in such documents or information is intended to be construed as or constitute the making available of, or an offer or invitation to subscribe for or purchase any such capital markets product.
- Myanmar: OCBC Singapore is not licensed or registered under the Financial Institutions Law (Law No. 20/2016) or other Myanmar legislation to carry on, nor do they purport to carry on, any regulated activity in Myanmar. The provision of any products and services by OCBC Singapore shall be solely on an offshore basis. You shall ensure that you have and will continue to be fully compliant with all applicable laws in Myanmar when entering into discussion or contracts with OCBC Singapore.
- Oman: This document does not constitute a public offer of investment, securities or financial services in the Sultanate of Oman, as contemplated by the Commercial Companies Law of Oman (Royal Decree No. 184/2019), Banking Law of Oman (Royal Decree No. 114/2000) or the Capital Market Law of Oman (Royal Decree No. 80/1998) and the Executive Regulations of the Capital Market Law (Ministerial Decision No. 1/2009) or an offer to sell or the solicitation of any offer to buy non-Omani investment products, securities or financial services and products in the Sultanate of Oman. It is being provided to a limited number of sophisticated investors solely to enable them to decide whether or not to make an offer to invest in financial products mentioned in this document, outside of the Sultanate of Oman, upon the terms and subject to the restrictions set out herein and may not be reproduced or used for any other purpose or provided to any person other than the original recipient. Additionally, this document is not intended to lead to the making of any contract within the territory or under the laws of the Sultanate of Oman. The Capital Market Authority of Oman and the Central Bank of Oman take no responsibility for the accuracy of the statements and information contained in this document or for the performance of the financial products mentioned in this document nor shall they have any liability to any person for damage or loss resulting from reliance on any statement or information contained herein.
- Russia: The investment products mentioned in this document have not been registered with or approved by the local regulator of any country and are not publicly distributed in Singapore or elsewhere. This document does not constitute or form part of an offer or invitation to the public in any country to subscribe for the products referred to herein.
- Taiwan: The provision of the information and the offer of the service concerned herewith have not been and will not be registered with the Financial Supervisory Commission of Taiwan pursuant to relevant laws and regulations of Taiwan and may not be provided or offered in Taiwan or in circumstances which requires a prior registration or approval of the Financial Supervisory Commission of Taiwan. No person or entity in Taiwan has been authorised to provide the information and to offer the service in Taiwan.
- Thailand: Please note that none of the material and information contained, or the relevant securities or products specified herein is approved or registered in Thailand. Interests in the relevant securities or products may not be offered or sold within Thailand. The attached information has been provided at your request for informational purposes only and shall not be copied or redistributed to any other person without the prior consent of OCBC Singapore or its relevant entities and in no way constitutes an offer, solicitation, advertisement or advice of, or in relation to, the relevant securities or products by OCBC Singapore or any other entities in OCBC Singapore’s group in Thailand.
- The Philippines: The information contained in this document is not intended to constitute a public offering of securities under the Securities Regulation Code of the Philippines.
- Dubai International Financial Center (DIFC): OCBC Singapore is not a financial institution licensed in the Dubai International Financial Centre ("DIFC") or the United Arab Emirates outside of the DIFC and does not undertake banking or financial activities in the DIFC or the United Arab Emirates nor is it licensed to do so.
- United Kingdom: In the United Kingdom, this document is being made available only to the person or the entity to whom it is directed being persons to whom it may lawfully be directed under applicable laws and regulations of the United Kingdom (such persons are hereinafter referred to as “relevant persons”). Accordingly, this document is communicated only to relevant persons. Persons who are not relevant persons must not act on or rely on this document or any of its contents.
- United Arab Emirates (U.A.E): The offering of certain products in this document has not been and will not be registered with the Central Bank of United Arab Emirates or Securities & Commodities Authority in the United Arab Emirates. Any products in this document that are being offered or sold do not constitute a public offering or distribution of securities under the applicable laws and regulations of the United Arab Emirates. This document is not intended for circulation or distribution in or into the UAE, other than to persons in the UAE to whom such circulation or distribution is permitted by, or is exempt from the requirements of, the applicable laws and regulations of the United Arab Emirates. The distribution of the information contained herein by the recipient is prohibited. Where applicable, this document relates to securities which are listed outside of the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange and the Dubai Financial Market. OCBC Singapore is not authorized to provide investment research regarding securities listed on the exchanges of the United Arab Emirates.
- United States of America: This product may not be sold or offered within the United States or to US persons.