5 reasons why OCBC RoboInvest is perfect for the go-getter
The algorithm-based investment platform can help you optimise your returns without lifting a finger
When kids were growing up, many parents wisely advised them about the importance of saving for a rainy day. Sadly, pure savings deposits usually get eroded in value over the long term, no thanks to inflationary pressures.
Thus, making investment choices in order to finance one’s future needs should logically represent an important task on our to-do list.
Instead, many people come up with excuses like: “I don’t know how to start and where to obtain credible information on the financial markets”; or “I have little me-time, so making a trip to consult a financial advisor at the bank is the least of my priorities!”
These reasons will resonate with time-strapped individuals who juggle multiple roles at the office and at home, or to the wannabe investor looking out for the right opportunity to place their hard-earned savings.
With digitalisation and computer-coded algorithms, making intelligent investment plans can all be done with the touch of a button at the individual’s own time and convenience, but that should not be the end of your investment strategy.
With OCBC RoboInvest, monitoring and maximising your investment portfolio also become a breeze. The proprietary investment platform offers a one-of-a-kind automatic “rebalancing” feature that intelligently and automatically optimises your portfolio constituents by fine-turning the constituents every few months – to capitalise on the changes in the dynamic financial market.
Fulfil your financial goals with OCBC RoboInvest
OCBC RoboInvest is a robo-investment platform based on well-tested algorithm technology powered by Singapore-based fintech company, WeInvest.
It offers personalised service to investors, with as many as 33 thematic portfolios offering exchange traded funds and equities to choose from.
If you have little leisure time and are harbouring dreams of financial freedom, switching to the automated OCBC RoboInvest is the way to go.
This easy-to-navigate and intelligent investment platform offers reliability, flexibility and ease of accessibility that is a solution for today’s busy and well-connected individuals.
Whether you are a seasoned investor who would like to diversify your portfolio, or someone keen to hop on the right investment bandwagon, OCBC RoboInvest seeks to help you grow your wealth.
Here are five reasons OCBC RoboInvest is the perfect platform for your investment needs:
Simple, user-friendly and convenient
This offers an easy and intuitive way to invest, anytime, anywhere for OCBC customers with access to its online banking services. Just sign up for an account on the automatic platform and you’re good to go.
OCBC RoboInvest’s personalised service lets your choose your preferred portfolio from 33 thematic portfolios of equities and exchange-traded funds across six markets — Singapore, Australia, Britain, the United States, Europe and Hong Kong.
Customers will be spoilt for choice with the range and variety offered by OCBC RoboInvest — there is a thematic product to match every risk appetite — from the very the aggressive investor.
Low to medium-risk investors can check out its balanced portfolio, suitably named “The All Weather” portfolio that comprises four different asset classes – equities, gold, long term bonds and short-term bonds— with a proven performance and is expected to continue to perform reasonably well in various economic and inflationary environments.
Among others, there is also the “Stable Singapore Giants” portfolio designed to capture the performance of large capital stocks with relatively low volatility listed on the Singapore Exchange, to cater to those with medium-risk appetite.
If you are someone with a medium risk appetite, there is a plethora of thematic products to cater to your unique preference. For instance, the “Stable Aussie Giants thematic basket” is designed to capture the performance of large capital stocks with low volatility (in the All Ordinaries Index) with stocks trading at a relatively high valuation being screened out.
If you are a driven investor willing to sacrifice certainty for the potential to generate higher returns, albeit at higher risk, the recommended portfolio will comprise a higher allocation to equities and commodities. There are a number of portfolios across various markets that fall under this category. An example is the “Hong Kong Property” portfolio designed to capture the performance of selected stocks in the Real Estate sector in the Hang Seng Composite Index.
Accessible, interactive and hassle-free monitoring
Customers will be given access to a dashboard to see how their investments are performing, making monitoring investments a cinch.
What’s more, OCBC RoboInvest’s proprietary algorithm constantly reviews your portfolio against market movements, and automatically rebalances its constituents, upon your approval. What’s amazing too is that you can easily withdraw or top up your investment at any time from your OCBC account, and get e-mail alerts to update you on the approval status of your rebalancing.
Optimise your returns without lifting a finger
If you are worried about the hassle of watching over your portfolio, relax and let OCBC RoboInvest do the work for you. The platform is designed to make the best of market trends while you are working, travelling or even sleeping.
Peace of mind
Portfolios are curated based on market research and insights, with the products constructed based on different themes to suit a variety of investment preferences and risk profiles. For instance, the lowest-risk option is a portfolio targeted at investors who primarily seek income; hence 75 per cent of the portfolio is allocated to bonds.
Unlike traditional investment portfolios, algorithms are used to monitor each portfolio and rebalance assets on a quarterly or half-yearly basis, depending on each portfolio.
Affordable with low entry investment sum
Worried about setting aside a substantial sum for investment? Fret not, OCBC RoboInvest customers only need to make a minimum initial investment of US$100, plus a 0.88 per cent annual fee for assets under management.
*Other exchange fees and charges apply depending on the markets and trading channels used to execute the orders.
To find out more about OCBC RoboInvest, please visit https://www.ocbc.com/roboinvest.
For new to OCBC customers, open an OCBC account instantly at https://www.ocbc.com/360.
Deposit Insurance Scheme
Singapore dollar deposits of non-bank depositors and monies and deposits denominated in Singapore dollars under the Supplementary Retirement Scheme are insured by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation, for up to S$75,000 in aggregate per depositor per Scheme member by law. Monies and deposits denominated in Singapore dollars under the CPF Investment Scheme and CPF Retirement Sum Scheme are aggregated and separately insured up to S$75,000 for each depositor per Scheme member. Foreign currency deposits, dual currency investments, structured deposits and other investment products are not insured.
This advertisement has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
This is for general information and does not take into account your particular investment and protection aims, financial situation or needs. You should seek advice from a financial adviser before committing to a purchase. Otherwise, you should consider the suitability of the investment.
Did you find what you were looking for?
That's great! Is there anything else you would like to share?
Did you find what you were looking for?
This is embarrassing! How can we improve your experience?
An error occurred. Please check that you have input the correct information before re-submitting.
We are unable to capture your message at the moment. Please try again shortly.
Thank you for your feedback.
This will help us serve you better.
This advertisement has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.
1. Any opinions or views of third parties expressed in this document are those of the third parties identified, and do not represent views of Oversea-Chinese Banking Corporation Limited (“OCBC Bank”, “us”, “we” or “our”).
2. This information is intended for general circulation and / or discussion purposes only. It does not consider the specific investment objectives, financial situation or needs of any particular person.
3. Before you make an investment, please seek advice from your Relationship Manager regarding the suitability of any investment product taking into account your specific investment objectives, financial situation or particular needs.
4. If you choose not to do so, you should consider if the investment product is suitable for you, and conduct your own assessments and due diligence on the investment product.
5. We are not making an offer, solicit to buy or sell or subscribe for any security or financial instrument, enter into any transaction or participate in any trading or investment strategy with you through this document. Nothing in this document shall be deemed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell or subscribe for any security or financial instrument or to enter into any transaction or to participate in any particular trading or investment strategy.
6. No representation or warranty whatsoever in respect of any information provided herein is given by OCBC Bank and it should not be relied upon as such. OCBC Bank does not undertake an obligation to update the information or to correct any inaccuracy that may become apparent at a later time. All information presented is subject to change without notice.
7. OCBC Bank shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising directly or indirectly howsoever in connection with or as a result of any person acting on any information provided herein.
8. Investments are subject to investment risks, including the possible loss of the principal amount invested. The information provided herein may contain projections or other forward-looking statements regarding future events or future performance of countries, assets, markets or companies. Actual events or results may differ materially. Past performance figures, predictions or projections are not necessarily indicative of future or likely performance.
9. Any reference to a company, financial product or asset class is used for illustrative purposes and does not represent our recommendation in any way.
10. The information in and contents of this document may not be reproduced or disseminated in whole or in part without the Bank’s written consent.
11. OCBC Bank, its related companies, and their respective directors and/or employees (collectively “Related Persons”) may, or might have in the future, interests in the investment products or the issuers mentioned herein. Such interests include effecting transactions in such investment products, and providing broking, investment banking and other financial services to such issuers. OCBC Bank and its Related Persons may also be related to, and receive fees from, providers of such investment products.
12. You must read the Offer Document/Indicative Term Sheet/Product Highlight Sheet before deciding whether or not to purchase the investment product, copies of which may be obtained from your relationship manager.
13. Any hyperlink to any third party article, or other website or webpage (including any websites or webpages owned, operated and maintained by third parties) is for informational purposes only and for your convenience only and is not an endorsement or verification of any such article, website or webpage by OCBC Bank and should only be accessed at your own risk. OCBC Bank does not review the contents of any such articles, website or webpage, and shall not be liable to any person for the same.
14. There are links or hyperlinks which link you to websites of other third parties (the “Third Parties”). OCBC Bank hereby disclaims liability for any information, materials, products or services posted or offered on the website of the Third Parties.
Collective Investment Schemes
1. A copy of the prospectus of each fund is available and may be obtained from the fund manager or any of its approved distributors. Potential investors should read the prospectus for details on the relevant fund before deciding whether to subscribe for, or purchase units in the fund.
2. The value of the units in the funds and the income accruing to the units, if any, may fall or rise. Please refer to the prospectus of the relevant fund for the name of the fund manager and the investment objectives of the fund.
3. Investment involves risks. Past performance figures do not reflect future performance.
4. Any reference to a company, financial product or asset class is used for illustrative purposes and does not represent our recommendation in any way.
For funds that are listed on an approved exchange, investors cannot redeem their units of those funds with the manager, or may only redeem units with the manager under certain specified conditions. The listing of the units of those funds on any approved exchange does not guarantee a liquid market for the units.
Global Equities disclaimer
- Dividend growth is not guaranteed, nor are companies in which you invest obliged to pay dividends;
- Companies may go bankrupt rendering the original investment valueless;
- Equity markets may decline in value;
- Corporate earnings and financial markets may be volatile;
- If there is no recognised market for equities, then these may be difficult to sell and accurate information about their value may be hard to obtain;
- Smaller company investments may be difficult to sell if there is little liquidity in the market for such equities and there may be substantial differences between the buying price and the selling price;
- Equities on overseas markets may involve different risks to equities issued in Singapore;
- With regards to investments in overseas companies, foreign exchange rates may move in an unfavourable direction affecting adversely the valuation of investments in base currency terms.