Terms & Conditions Governing the OCBC Spend and Get a FREE pair of GV movie tickets SMS Promotion (the "Promotion")
The following terms and conditions shall apply to the OCBC Bank InvestPlus Programme (the "Programme").
1. To qualify for the Programme, a customer must invest a minimum total amount of S$100,000 in any of the products in the following product categories:
- OCBC Bank EasiSave Gold account
- Unit Trust (distributed by OCBC Bank)
- OCBC Bank Structured Deposit
- OCBC Bank Dual Currency Returns subject always to the following conditions:
- investments must include an OCBC Bank EasiSave Gold account and at least one non capital-protected unit trust or dual currency investment at the point of Programme application;
- funds (if any) in the EasiSave Gold account shall not at the time of application account for more than 50% of the minimum total amount ;
- funds from any existing OCBC Bank deposit accounts may not be transferred into the EasiSave Gold account for the purposes of the Program; and
- the EasiSave Gold account must be maintained at all times, and a minimum total amount of S$80,000 in the above specified products/categories must be maintained at each anniversary of the date of qualification for the Programme and in accordance with conditions 1(i) and 1(ii), failing which the Programme Privileges (defined below) may be withdrawn immediately at the sole and absolute discretion of OCBC Bank.
2. Customers who qualify for the Programme shall be eligible for such privileges as may be provided by OCBC Bank at any time from time to time in its sole and absolute discretion (the "Programme Privileges").
3. If any customer is subsequently discovered to be not entitled or ineligible to participate in this Programme, OCBC Bank reserves the right to withdraw the Programme Privileges at its sole and absolute discretion. No customer shall be entitled to any payment or compensation from OCBC Bank should any Programme Privileges be withdrawn.
4. Without prejudice to these terms and conditions, each participant in the Programme expressly and irrevocably permits and authorises the transfer of any information relating to such participant to and between the branches, subsidiaries, representative offices, affiliates and agents of OCBC Bank and third parties selected by any of them wherever situated, for confidential use in connection with the provision of products or services to such participant.
5. OCBC Bank reserves the right at its sole and absolute discretion without being required to assign any reason to terminate this Programme or vary, delete or add to any of these terms and conditions from time to time in such manner as OCBC Bank shall think fit and without notice including without limitation, the eligibility of any participant under the Programme, the criteria of qualification for the Programme and the Programme Privileges. OCBC Bank shall not, to the extent permitted by law, be liable to for any claims, costs, expenses, loss or damage suffered by any person as a result of or in connection with the aforementioned matters.
6. OCBC Bank's record(s) in respect of the Programme shall be binding and conclusive for all purposes and in any legal proceedings.
7. OCBC Bank shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage in connection with the Programme. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, any news updates, alerts and other information (the "materials") provided by OCBC Bank to the customer pursuant to the Program are for general information only and do not take into account the specific investment objectives, financial situation or particular needs of any particular person who may be in receipt of the same. Customers should seek advice from a financial advisor regarding the suitability of any investment product before making a commitment to purchase the investment product. If a customer does not seek advice from a financial advisor, such customer should consider whether the product in question is suitable for him. The materials do not constitute an offer to buy or sell or solicitation of an offer to buy or sell any security or financial instrument or to participate in any particular trading or investment strategy. No representation or warranty whatsoever (including without limitation any warranty that the materials are accurate, useful, adequate, timely or complete) in respect of the materials is given by OCBC Bank and they should not be relied upon as such. OCBC Bank does not undertake an obligation to update the materials or to correct any inaccuracy that may become apparent at a later time. All information, opinions and statements expressed are subject to change without notice. OCBC Bank shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising directly or indirectly howsoever in connection with or as a result of any person acting on any information, opinion, estimate or statement expressed in the materials.
8. The decision of OCBC Bank on any matter relating to the Programme shall be final and no correspondence or query will be entertained. In the event of any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and any brochure, application form, marketing or promotional material relating to the Programme, these terms and conditions will prevail.
9. These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Singapore and each participant in this Programme irrevocably submits to the nonexclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.
10. A person who is not a party to any agreement governed by these terms and conditions shall have no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Cap 53B) to enforce any of these terms and conditions. Without prejudice to the generality of the above, the consent of any third party is not required for any variation (including any release or compromise of any liability) or termination of these terms and conditions, notwithstanding any term herein to the contrary.