Using your Debit or Credit Card online
- To avoid any unexpected charges, read the fine prints relating to any transaction before providing your credit card details online.
- Ensure that the online shop has a return and refund policy
- Use a secure browser connection when entering credit card details.
Check that the lock icon displayed is enabled at the bottom right-hand of the screen or beside the URL address bar for IE 7 and above, or that the site URL starts with ‘https’
- Should you need to sign up or login as a member with a password, ensure that your password are at least 14 characters long and include numbers, symbols, upper and lower case letters. Do not disclose your password to anyone.
- Print out a copy of the transaction record for any online purchase you make. This will be useful if there is a need to verify the transaction on your statement that you may not recognise. Do inform us immediately if you notice anything irregular.
- For your safety and security, you may be asked to provide your card security code or CVV. This is the 3-digit number printed on the signature panel on the back of your Visa or MasterCard. Never disclose your card number and security code to anyone.
- To protect you from online fraud, a One-Time Password (OTP) will be sent to you for extra security whenever you make online purchases with a 3D Secure registered merchants, which will display one of these logos (see below) on their website.