Helping customers and our communities through COVID-19
Precautionary measures put in place for your health and well-being
We have put in place precautionary measures to protect the health and well-being of our customers and staff while ensuring the continuity in our services and operations.
The health and well-being of our customers and staff are of paramount importance to us. With the rapidly evolving situation regarding COVID-2019 and due to the widespread nature of the pandemic, the authorities in Singapore have called on the public to practise social distancing as a major line of defence against further spread of the virus.
In line with the Government's move to encourage social distancing, we are encouraging all our customers to not come into our branches unless absolutely necessary.
This does not mean that we are unable to continue to serve you well. Many financial transactions today can be performed digitally on our OCBC Mobile Banking App or Internet banking, and even through our ATMs. In fact, 9 in 10 financial transactions are now performed digitally. Without even needing to come to our branches, our customers can still access our banking products with minimal fuss.
Here are some of the lesser known transactions you can perform outside a branch:
- Instant encashment of cash cheques at ATMs
- Instant credit card or debit card application and approval
- Personal loan applications
- Request for new cheque books
- Cash and coin deposits
- Account openings
- Cash withdrawal above daily limits
- Instant car loan approvals
Find out how you can stay home and stay connected with our digital solutions for your banking needs.
For those who need help accessing our digital offerings, you may call 1800 363 3333 for assistance (or +65 6363 3333 if you are calling from overseas). As we have been experiencing high call volume to our customer hotline during this period, please expect a longer wait time.
For customers who still want to visit our branches, we have put in place precautionary measures at our offices and branches as we continue our services and operations. These measures include:
- Temperature screening have been implemented at all offices and branches. Customers also have to fill in a health and travel declaration form.
- Hand sanitisers have been placed in all offices and branches. Cleaning frequency in common areas such as branch lobbies, lifts, corridors and toilets have also been increased.
- Face masks have been distributed to all departments and teams. Frontline staff who have interactions with multiple external parties are encouraged to wear a mask.
- All our staff are required to take their temperatures twice a day and to monitor their health closely. There are also business travel restrictions in place to minimise their chances of getting infected.
We will continue to monitor the situation closely and act accordingly in the best interests of our customers and employees.