These terms and conditions ("Terms") apply to and regulate your use of Oversea-Chinese
Banking Corporation Limited's (the "Bank's") OCBC Pay Anyone™ Service ("PAO
Service"). The PAO Service allows you to request (via a "Transaction Request"), using the
OCBC Pay Anyone™ Application ("Application"), which allows you to effect various banking
transactions ("PAO Transactions"), including the transfer of an amount specified by you
("Transfer Amount") from your OCBC bank account or from any Card Account (“Card
Account” in these Terms shall mean the account designated and maintained by OCBC in
relation to any credit or debit card bearing the name VISA or Mastercard and/or the service
mark of VISA or Mastercard, issued by OCBC to you) to your designated recipient
("Recipient") or the withdrawal of cash (“Withdrawal Amount”) from your OCBC bank
The PAO Service allows you to request for the following types of PAO Transactions to be carried out:
The term "PAO Service" shall be deemed to include any notifications, communications or
services referred to in these Terms and/or any services, functions and features made available
through such part of the Electronic Banking Services as relates any PAO Transaction. For the
avoidance of doubt, the "Electronic Banking Services" shall mean the OCBC Internet Banking
Service, OCBC Mobile Banking Service, OCBC Phone Banking Service, OCBC ATM Service
and/or any other services provided or made available under the OCBC Terms and Conditions
governing Electronic Banking Services.
transactions where the Recipient receives payment by entering a passcode set by you ("Passcode Transactions");
transactions where the Recipient is identified through registered proxy in the PayNow register ("PayNow Transactions");
transactions effected via the use of a unique two-dimensional barcode generated by the Bank ("QR Code") ("QR Transactions");
transactions initiated on an authorised third-party application ("Third-party App") where the Transfer Amount is to be transferred to the Third-Party App provider for payment to the Recipient through such Third-party App ("Third-party App Transactions"); and
such other means as prescribed by the Bank.
The PAO Service is provided as part of the Electronic Banking Services, and accordingly these Terms are in addition to and shall be read in conjunction with:
- the OCBC Terms and Conditions governing Electronic Banking Services (and any
reference to the relevant Electronic Banking Service in the OCBC Terms and
Conditions governing Electronic Banking Services shall include a reference to the PAO
Service) provided that in the event of any conflict or inconsistency, these Terms shall
prevail over the OCBC Terms and Conditions governing Electronic Banking Services to
the extent of such conflict or inconsistency; and
- (where applicable) the Terms and Conditions for Funds Transfers through the PayNow Service, provided that in the event of any conflict or inconsistency, the Terms and Conditions for Funds Transfers through the PayNow Service shall prevail over these Terms to the extent of such conflict or inconsistency.
- You must accept and agree to these Terms, the OCBC Terms and Conditions governing
Electronic Banking Services and (where applicable) the Terms and Conditions for Funds
Transfers through the OCBC PayNow Service before you are able to use the PAO Service.
By accepting and agreeing to these Terms, you acknowledge and agree that you have
successfully opted-in for the PAO Service and will be able to perform certain ad-hoc transfers of funds without the need for any further security or authorisation step (including Transaction Signing) or to set up a pre-authorised account for such transfers. For the avoidance of doubt, the Bank may still impose further security or authorisation steps (including Transaction Signing) for certain types of transfers of funds at its sole discretion (e.g. for certain transactions that the Bank deems are high risk transactions). Upon successfully opting-in for the PAO Service, you will be notified by SMS and email. To use the PAO Service, you will need to:
- be a retail customer of the Bank and be a valid user of the OCBC Internet Banking Service;
- have installed the OCBC Mobile Banking Application and, in the case of Third-party App Transactions the relevant Third-party App, on your mobile phone;
- have a valid and active Singapore dollar current or savings account with the Bank ("Account"); and
- comply with these Terms.
The term “Transaction Signing” means the security measure which may require you to key in transaction-specific information into a Security Device to generate an OTP in order to proceed with such transaction.
For the avoidance of doubt: (i) “Security Device” means any hardware, token or device that may be issued by or on behalf of the Bank, at any time from time to time in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of authenticating the Customer’s access and/or use of the OCBC Internet Banking Service; and (ii) “OTP” means each one-time password valid for one session or transaction which will be issued by the Bank through the Security Device or delivered to the Customer’s designated telephone number via Short Message Service (SMS), or otherwise generated by or delivered via any other device, delivery channel or any means whatsoever, designated by the Bank at any time from time to time in its sole and absolute discretion.
B. Passcode Transactions
- If you wish to carry out a Passcode Transaction, you must submit a Transaction Request to initiate such Passcode Transaction. When submitting a Transaction Request, you shall:
- provide such information as may be required by the Bank (including the Recipient's
contact details (for individual Recipients) or UEN number (for corporate entity
- set a six-digit passcode which is to be used by the Recipient ("Passcode") to collect the
Transfer Amount in relation to such Passcode Transaction.
- Following the acceptance by the Bank of a Transaction Request for a Passcode
Transaction, the Recipient will, depending on the contact details provided by you, be
notified by email, through SMS, or through a private Facebook wall post via your Facebook
account, that you wish to transfer funds to the Recipient, and the manner in which such
funds may be collected ("Collection Method").
- In relation to each Passcode Transaction:
- The Passcode will remain valid for a period of 24 hours from the time the Transaction Request is accepted by the Bank ("Validity Period"). You acknowledge and agree that, during the Validity Period, any person in possession of the Passcode will be able to collect the Transfer Amount which is the subject of the Non- PayNow Transaction for which such Passcode is set.
- You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for providing the Passcode to the Recipient, and ensuring that the Recipient safe-keeps and maintains the confidentiality of the Passcode and the Collection Method.
- The Recipient must provide the correct Passcode, must comply with such instructions
as may be prescribed by the Bank and must designate a bank account with the Bank or
a third party Fast and Secure Transfer ("FAST") participating bank in order for the
Transfer Amount to be transferred and credited to the Recipient's designated bank
- You acknowledge and agree that any person who provides the Passcode to the Bank
shall be deemed to be the Recipient, the Bank shall have no duty to and shall not be
required to take any steps to verify whether the person providing the Passcode is the
intended Recipient, and the Bank shall not be liable for transferring the Transfer
Amount to any person who provides the correct Passcode even if such person is not
the intended Recipient.
C. PayNow Transactions
- Where the relevant PAO Transaction is a PayNow Transaction, the Terms and Conditions
for Funds Transfers through the PayNow Service will additionally apply.
D. QR Transactions
- Where the relevant PAO Transaction is a QR Transaction, the Terms and Conditions for
OCBC Pay Anyone™ via QR Service will additionally apply.
E. Third-party App Transactions
- If you wish to initiate a Third-party App Transaction, you may do so by selecting "OCBC
Pay Anyone™" as the payment method in the Third-party App. Following such selection,
you will be automatically directed to the log-in page of the Application. You will be required
to log in to the Application by entering your security credentials (such as an access code
validly registered under the OCBC Internet Banking Service, PIN and OTP, a fingerprint
validly enrolled by an authorised third party fingerprint recognition feature or, as the case
may be, face recognition feature on the Registered Mobile Device).
- If your security credentials are successfully verified, you will be shown (via a display on the
Application) the details of the intended Third-party App Transaction such as the details of
the merchant that is the intended Recipient, the Transfer Amount, and your OCBC
account(s) or Card Account(s) from which you may transfer the Transfer Amount.
- In order to submit the Transaction Request, you will be required to select an eligible OCBC
account or Card Account(s) from which you wish to transfer the Transfer Amount and to
follow any further steps prescribed by the Application (and/or where applicable the Third-party App). Before submitting a Transaction Request, you are responsible for checking the name of the merchant displayed on the Application (and/or where applicable the Third-party
App) and for ensuring that the relevant merchant is the intended Recipient of the funds.
F. Pay Anyone Request Money & Bill Split Service
- If you wish to submit a request under the Pay Anyone Request Money & Bill Split Services
(such request to be referred to as a “Bill Split Request”) to another party for a bill that you
have paid, you shall provide such information as may be required by the Bank (including
the payor’s name and contact details).
- Before submitting a Bill Split Request, you are responsible for checking the details
displayed on the Application and for ensuring that the details correspond with the intended
recipient of the Bill Split Request (“Payor”).
- If payments have not been made to you or have not been received by you (in whole or in
part) as a result of your use of the Pay Anyone Request Money & Bill Split Service, the
Bank shall not be liable to you in respect of any unpaid amounts.
- Following the acceptance by the Bank of a Bill Split Request, the Payor will, depending on
the contact details provided by you, be notified by email or through SMS that you have
requested for the Payor to make payment to you and be provided with a link for the Payor
to transfer money to you through the Application (the “Payment Link”).
- In relation to each Bill Split Request, the Payment Link will remain valid for a period of 60
days from the time the Bill Split Request is accepted by the Bank.
- If you wish to cancel a Bill Split request, you may do so by initiating a Cancellation Request
through the Application. Following the acceptance by the Bank of a Cancellation Request,
the Payor will, depending on the contact details provided by you, be notified by email or
through SMS that you have cancelled your previous request for the Payor to make payment
- If you wish to close a Bill Split Request where payment has been made to you through
another mode of payment, you may do so by selecting the relevant Bill Split Request that
you wish to close and follow any further steps prescribed by the Application.
- You are responsible for ensuring, and you warrant, the truthfulness, accuracy and
completeness of all information provided in respect of such Transaction Request, including
but not limited to the Recipient's contact details.
- Once a Transaction Request has been submitted, you will not be able to withdraw, cancel
or make any changes to such Transaction Request.
- The Bank shall be entitled, at its absolute discretion, to reject or refuse to accept or process
or to cancel any Transaction Request or PAO Transaction and shall not be required to give
any reason for the same.
- The Transfer Amount that may be transferred by you (whether pursuant to a single or multiple Transaction Requests) is subject to an aggregate daily limit of S$1000 (which is a shared daily limit with the OCBC Pay Anyone™ via QR Service), except where: (i) the Transaction Request relates to a Cardless ATM Cash Withdrawal made through the OCBC ATM Service; (ii) both the following conditions have been met: (a) the Transaction Request relates to a QR Transaction made through the OCBC PayNow Service; and (b) the Recipient's proxy in PayNow is a whitelisted UEN (each such Recipient to be referred to as a "Whitelisted Entity" and collectively, "Whitelisted Entities"); or (iii) the Transaction Request relates to a PayNow Transaction, where the aggregate daily limit for each of the foregoing exceptions shall be as provided in paragraph 24. For the avoidance of doubt, "UEN" refers to the Unique Entity Number which serves as a standard identification number for an entity and which is issued by the applicable Unique Entity Number issuance agencies.
- In relation to Cardless ATM Cash Withdrawals, the amount that you may withdraw (whether pursuant to a single or multiple Transaction Requests) is subject to an aggregate daily limit of S$1000. In relation to Passcode Transactions and NETS QR Transactions (as defined in the Terms and Conditions for OCBC Pay AnyoneTM via QR Service), the amount that you may withdraw (whether pursuant to a single or multiple Transaction Requests) is subject to an aggregate daily limit of S$1000 in respect of both of these transactions. In relation to PayNow Transactions, the amount that you may transfer (whether pursuant to a single or multiple Transaction Requests) is subject to an aggregate daily limit of S$5000 (which is a shared daily limit with the OCBC PayNow Service).
A list of Whitelisted Entities, and the corresponding aggregate daily limits, is accessible here or at such location as may be prescribed by OCBC from time to time. This limit is reset at midnight (Singapore time) daily. The Bank may, at its absolute discretion, alter any limit or impose additional limits on the Transfer Amount(s) that may be transferred by you, whether on a per transaction basis, per type of PAO Transaction basis, or an aggregated basis, without prior notice to you.
- In relation to each PAO Transaction:
- You hereby instruct and authorise the Bank to debit your Account and transfer or procure the transfer of the Transfer Amount to the bank account:
- designated by any person who provides the Passcode (in the case of a Passcode Transaction);
- linked to the relevant registered proxy in PayNow (in the case of a PayNow Transaction), or
- linked to the QR Code (in the case of a QR Transaction, except ATM QR Transactions);
- designated by the Third-party App provider, for the payment to the relevant merchant (in the case of a Third-party App Transaction); or
- such other means prescribed by the Bank from time to time.
- You acknowledge and agree that the Bank need not process the PAO Transaction or transfer the Transfer Amount if there are insufficient funds in your Account.
- The Bank shall, based on the manner of notification selected by you pursuant to paragraph 26, notify you where:
- the Transfer Amount has been successfully transferred to the bank account designated by the Recipient; or
- following the provision of the correct Passcode or QR Code by the Recipient (where applicable), the Transfer Amount has not been credited, or has failed to be credited to the bank account designated by the Recipient (i.e. the relevant PAO Transaction is unsuccessful).
- However, in the case of a Passcode Transaction, the Bank shall not, and shall
not be required to, notify you if the Validity Period has expired and the Transfer
Amount has not been collected by the Recipient.
- If a PAO Transaction is unsuccessful (as determined pursuant to paragraph 25) but the
Transfer Amount has been debited from your Account, the Bank shall, where the Bank
is in possession of the Transfer Amount or upon receipt by the Bank of the Transfer
Amount, arrange for the Transfer Amount to be credited back to your Account. For the
avoidance of doubt, you will not be entitled to receive any interest in respect of the
- Save for notifications sent in connection with you successfully opting-in for the PAO
Service, you may choose the manner in which you receive notifications in relation to PAO
Transactions, whether by (i) SMS, (ii) email, or (iii) both SMS and email. Unless you have
chosen otherwise, the Bank will send notifications in relation to PAO Transactions to you by
both SMS and email. All notifications to be sent to you under these Terms:
- by SMS will, if you have a valid mobile number registered with the Bank, be sent to such valid mobile number; and
- by email will be sent to your valid email address registered with the Bank, or if you do not have an email address registered with the Bank, to your OCBC Internet Banking secured mailbox.
- You acknowledge and agree that, for the purposes of the PAO Service, the Application may
be accessing and using the information in your Facebook account and/or the contact
details stored in your mobile phone, and you hereby consent to the Bank accessing and
using such information for the provision of the PAO Service and authorise the Bank to
contact your designated Recipients using such information (including through private
Facebook wall posts via your Facebook account) on your behalf.
- The Bank reserves the right to impose charges or to revise at any time such charges for the
use of the PAO Service and/or the Application upon written notice to you. Such charges or
revisions shall take effect from the date stated in the notice. Where you continue to use the
Application or submit any Transaction Request after such notification, you shall be deemed
to have agreed to and accepted such charges or revisions to such charges.
- The Bank expressly excludes any guarantee, representation, warranty, condition, term or
undertaking of any kind, whether express or implied, statutory or otherwise, relating to or
arising from the use of, the PAO Service or in relation to the processing of or any other
matter relating to any Transaction Request or PAO Transaction. Without prejudice to the
foregoing, the acceptance by the Bank of your submission of a Transaction Request does
not amount to a representation or warranty by the Bank that it will, and does not impose
any obligation on the Bank to, process the PAO Transaction or transfer the Transfer
Amount to the Recipient and the Bank does not represent or warrant that:
- the PAO Service will meet your requirements;
- the PAO Service will always be available, accessible, function or inter-operate with any network infrastructure, system or such other services as the Bank may offer from time to time; or
- your use of the PAO Service or the Bank's processing of any Transaction Request or PAO Transaction will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or free of any virus or error.
- You acknowledge and agree that, to the extent permitted under applicable law, the Bank
shall not be liable to you for any and all losses, liabilities, costs, expenses, damages,
claims, actions or proceedings of any kind whatsoever (whether direct, indirect or
consequential) in respect of any matter of whatever nature and howsoever arising (whether
in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise) in connection with:
- the provision by the Bank of or your use of the PAO Service and/or the Application;
- the processing of any Transaction Request or PAO Transaction;
- any PAO Transaction being unsuccessful or considered as unsuccessful or any Transfer Amount not having been transferred to the Recipient's designated bank account or transferred to a recipient other than the intended Recipient, whether or not arising from:
- your negligence, misconduct or breach of any of these Terms (including as a result of inaccurate information being provided by you); or
- any failure, refusal, delay or error by any third party (including any Third-party App) or third party system, equipment or device (including the FAST and NETS payment systems) through whom or which any PAO Transaction is made;
- any use of your mobile device(s) or any security procedure which is rejected by a merchant, an ATM or any terminal used to process a QR Transaction;
- any malfunction, defect or error in any terminal used to process a QR Transaction , or
of other machines or systems of authorisation or the inability of any terminal, machine
or system to accurately, properly or promptly transmit, process or store any data;
- any unauthorised access and/or use of your mobile phone, the Passcode (in respect of
Passcode Transactions) or the Application;
- the use in any manner and/or for any purpose whatsoever by any person at any time
whatsoever and from time to time of any information or data:
- relating to you and/or any Recipient;
- transmitted through your use of the PAO Service and/or the Application; and/or
- obtained through your use of the PAO Service and/or the Application;
- any event the occurrence of which the Bank is not able to control or avoid by the use of reasonable diligence; and/or
- the suspension, termination or discontinuance of the PAO Service.
- To the extent that any of the limitations set out above are not permitted by law, the Bank's
liability to you arising from or in respect of each PAO Transaction, whether in contract, tort
(including negligence or breach of statutory duty) or otherwise for any and all losses,
damages or liabilities caused or arising from or in relation to the Bank's provision of the
PAO Service and/or the Application and/or under or relating to these Terms shall not
exceed the value of such PAO Transaction.
- You represent and warrant that, in relation to each PAO Transaction, you have obtained
the necessary consent of the relevant Recipient to disclose such Recipient's personal data
(including contact details) to the Bank and for the Bank to use and disclose such
Recipient's personal data (including where relevant contact details to contact the Recipient
in the manner set out in paragraph 6) as required for the purposes of the PAO Service.
- The Bank shall be entitled to exercise any of its rights and remedies under the OCBC
Terms and Conditions governing Electronic Banking Services (including the right to
withdraw, restrict, suspend, vary or modify the OCBC Internet Banking Service (whether in
whole or in part)).