OCBC Regional Scholarship
Explore the region, fully supported
Fully paid tuition, allowances, accommodation, airfare and overseas exchange programme opportunities throughout the course of your studies
Internship opportunities to gain first-hand experience working in a bank
Students enrolling or currently studying in selected universities not in their country of citizenship and are citizens of Singapore, Malaysia, China, Indonesia or Hong Kong
Achieved outstanding academic results and co-curricular records
Do not hold an existing scholarship
Launched in 2019, the OCBC Regional Scholarship represents a bigger platform on which the Bank gives back to the society that has enabled the Bank’s achievements to date. With rapid globalisation and digital transformation of the banking and financial services industry, we seek to identify and award talents with the regional affinity and local expertise through this scholarship.
Upon graduation, you will be bonded to OCBC in your country of citizenship for the same duration as the number of years of scholarship awarded. This scholarship provides financial assistance to students bearing citizenship from Singapore, Malaysia, China, Indonesia or Hong Kong, and who are currently pursuing their studies outside of his/her country of citizenship, within selected universities in Singapore, China, Hong Kong or Taiwan:
- National University of Singapore
- Nanyang Technological University
- Singapore Management University
- Singapore University of Social Sciences
- Singapore University of Technology and Design
- Peking University
- Tsinghua University
- Fudan University
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- Zhejiang University
- Nanjing University
- The University of Hong Kong
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- City University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- National Taiwan University
- National Tsing Hua University
- Cycle 1
- Cycle 2
(For students with any of the citizenships listed above)
(For Hong Kong students only)
|Application||1 Mar – 15 Apr||27 Jun – 1 Jul|
|Shortlisting and online assessment||By Mid May||By Mid Oct|
|Local Panel Interview||End May||End Oct|
|Regional Panel Interview||End May – End June||End Oct – End Nov|
|Acceptance Notification||End June||End Dec|
|Shortlisting and online assessment|
|Local Panel Interview|
|Regional Panel Interview|
Pursue your dreams and passion | OCBC Scholarships
Make your academic dreams a reality with an OCBC Scholarship and join our community of over 350 OCBC scholars who have achieved great heights in their education and careers, and made a lasting, positive impact on our society.
What you will receive as an OCBC Regional Undergraduate Scholar:
- Full financial assistance including tuition, allowances, accommodation, annual airfare and expenses for one overseas exchange programme
- Internship opportunities to gain first-hand experience working with OCBC Bank in the region
- Admission to the OCBC Graduate Talent Programme, depending on your academic performance
- You will be bonded to OCBC in your country of citizenship for the same duration as the number of years of scholarship awarded.
Who should apply?
- Students with Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia or Hong Kong citizenship who are currently studying or enrolled in an undergraduate degree or students with China citizenship who are currently studying or enrolled in a postgraduate degree.
- Students must be studying or enrolled in a university outside their country of citizenship and within the above list of universities.
- Students who are applying to study in these universities this year but are still pending their offers are also welcome to apply. Offers from universities must be confirmed at the point of receiving the scholarship.
- Students should also have outstanding academic results and co-curricular records, not be a holder of any scholarship by other organisation and have a strong interest in pursuing a career with OCBC.
Get your CV ready
We are currently accepting applications for OCBC Regional Scholarship 2022.