OCBC AI SCHOLARSHIP
Ride the waves of AI transformation
Receive full sponsorship of tuition, living, book, conference and miscellaneous fees allowance
Opportunities to dive deep into the art of AI with OCBC's one-year rotation programme
Enrolled in full-time postgraduate degrees in AI within selected tertiary institutions in Singapore
All nationalities may apply
OCBC was the first bank in Singapore to launch its own Artificial Intelligence (AI) unit in 2018 called AI Lab, through an initial investment of S$10 million, to strategically develop in-house AI capabilities. The aim is to drive the adoption of AI across banking services to deliver greater customer value through AI-driven solutions.
The bank's philosophy is one that nurtures talented and outstanding individuals, and we are looking for individuals who share the same values of paying-it-forward to the community. It is for this reason that the OCBC AI Scholarship was born. This scholarship provides financial assistance to students of any nationality who are seeking or are currently pursuing any of the following postgraduate degrees:
- Master of Computing AI, National University of Singapore
- Master of Science in Data Science and Machine Learning, National University of Singapore
- Master of Technology in Intelligent Systems, National University of Singapore
- Master of Science in Artificial Intelligence, Nanyang Technological University
- Master of Science in Data Science, Nanyang Technology University
- Master of Science in Financial Technology (Fintech), Nanyang Technological University
- Master of IT in Business (AI), Singapore Management University
Upon graduation, you will be bonded to OCBC for the equivalent duration as your enrolled Masters programme.
- August Intake
|January Intake||August Intake|
|Application Opens||1 Sep||1 June|
|Application Closes||25 Sep||25 June|
|Shortlist Notification||End Sep||End June|
|Interviews||Early – Mid Oct||Early – Mid July|
|Acceptance Notification||End Oct to Nov||End July to Aug|
What you will receive as an OCBC AI Scholar
- Full financial assistance including tuition, living, book, conference and miscellaneous fees allowance.
- Opportunity to explore OCBC's AI Lab and acquire hands-on experience on real business projects through a 4-weeks attachment.
- Deep dive in AI with OCBC's one-year rotation programme, covering areas including but not limited to computer vision, natural language processing and traditional machine learning
- Be exclusively mentored by the bank's functional specialists during your course of study.
- Broaden and build your business network within the bank and with senior management.
Who should apply?
- An outstanding track record in academic and co-curricular activities.
- Willing to serve a bond period equivalent to the duration of the enrolled Masters programme.
- Relevant work or internship experience in relation to AI.
- Students with the ability to demonstrate personal achievements in AI-related work, whether on the job or academically, will have an added advantage.
- Have a strong interest in pursuing a career with OCBC
- All nationalities may apply
- You must not hold any other scholarship, fellowship or award
From Science Fiction to Real-Life Non-fiction
Find out how Timothy Seah, recipient of 2021’s OCBC Postgraduate AI Scholarship, brought his fascination of AI from the silver screen to his daily work.
April 2022Read more
Get your CV ready
We are currently accepting applications for the OCBC AI Scholarship.