OCBC Pay Anyone™ is a service on OCBC Mobile Banking that allows OCBC customers with a personal savings and/or current account(s) to transfer money to recipient(s) up to a cumulative limit of S$1,000 per day. The collection details will be sent to the recipient's Singapore-registered mobile number, email address or Facebook wall (that is only visible to him/her).
OCBC Pay Anyone™ is currently available on iPhone and Android Smartphone. To use this service, simply download the OCBC Mobile Banking application via App Store and click on the "Pay Anyone" icon located at the bottom left of the OCBC Mobile Banking page.
More on OCBC Pay Anyone™ service
Terms and conditions governing the OCBC Pay Anyone™ service
1 How to send money with OCBC Pay Anyone™
Sender (OCBC Customer)
Send money via the following methods:
1. OCBC Mobile Banking app on iPhone or Android
- Tap on the “Pay Anyone” icon/card on your device.
- Thereafter, choose the recipient you wish to send money to.
2. Siri (available on iOS 10 and above)
- Instruct Siri to send money, indicating the recipient’s name plus the amount to send, example ‘Pay John Tan $50’.
- Recipient’s name and amount will be pre-populated in the OCBC Pay Anyone
- Open the Pay Anyone iMessage app in the iMessage app window.
- Tap on the “Send Money” icon. Recipient’s name will be pre-populated
3. iMessage (available on iOS 10 and above)
- Open the Pay Anyone iMessage app in the iMessage app window.
- Tap on the "Send Money" icon. Recipient's name will be pre-populated
- Log in to the OCBC Mobile Banking App to choose the account you wish to send the money from.
- Key in the amount to be transferred and type an optional message for the recipient.
- Create a 6-digit passcode to be given to the recipient.
- Enter the 2FA One Time Password generated (SMS or hardware token) to send the notification (by Facebook post or SMS or email) to the recipient, depending on the channel chosen.
- Inform the recipient of the 6-digit passcode
Collect via the following methods:
1. If the sender had chosen a phone book contact, the recipient will receive a notification via a SMS to his mobile number, or an email to his email address
2. The sender had chosen to send via iMessage contact, the recipient will receive a notification within the iMessage chat that is only visible to him and the sender.
3. Facebook contact, the recipient will receive a notification via a post on his Facebook wall that is only visible to him and the sender. 3. iMessage (available on iOS 10 and above)
- The recipient has up to 24 hours to collect the money upon receiving the notification
- Click on the URL in the notification to be directed to a secure page hosted by the bank where you have to key in the 6-digit passcode created by the sender. This passcode is to be used only for this transfer.
- Key in bank account details for money to be deposited into.
- Money will be transferred directly from the sender’s account to your account almost immediately via the new electronic interbank service - FAST (Fast and Secure Transfers).
- Sender will be notified via SMS and/or email once the transfer has been completed, depending on his OCBC Pay Anyone™ e-alerts notification settings of his online banking account.
2 Do I need to be a OCBC customer to use OCBC Pay Anyone™ to send money?
Yes, you need to be an OCBC customer in order to transfer money to the recipient via OCBC Pay Anyone™. If you are the recipient collecting the money, you do not have to be an OCBC customer.
3 Are there any charges for using OCBC Pay Anyone™ to transfer money?
There is currently no service fee imposed for sending money via OCBC Pay Anyone™. However, do note that you will still be subjected to mobile data charges (or MMS charges if you send via iMessage to a non-iMessage user) as determined by your telecommunication provider.
4 What do I need to use OCBC Pay Anyone™ to transfer money?
You have to meet the following requirements:
- You must have a smart phone (iPhone with iOS 6.0 & above or Android OS 4.0.3 & above) with internet connection. For iMessage and Siri (iPhone or iPad with iOS10 and above).
- You must be an OCBC customer with Online Banking access. You will require your access code, PIN and SMS/hardware token to login.)
- You must have a personal OCBC savings and/or current account(s)
- You must have sufficient money in your account at the point of time when the recipient collects the money
- You must possess either of the following recipient's contact details – mobile number, email address or he/she is on your Facebook contact list
5 Do I need the recipient's bank branch code and account number in order to transfer money using OCBC Pay Anyone™?
No, you do not need the recipient's bank branch code and account number. You will need the recipient's contact details - either his/her mobile number, email address or he/she is on your Facebook contact list.
6 Can I make multiple transfers using OCBC Pay Anyone™?
Yes, you can make one or multiple transfers using OCBC Pay Anyone™ so long as the cumulative amount is less than or equal to S$1,000 for that day.
7 Can I make future-dated transfer(s) using OCBC Pay Anyone™?
No, you will not be able to make future-dated transfer(s) using OCBC Pay Anyone™.
8 Why is transaction signing not required to transfer money using OCBC Pay Anyone™? Is it secure?
No, you do not require transaction signing to transfer money using OCBC Pay Anyone™ as your transaction value is capped at a cumulative limit of S$1,000 a day.
9 Is the money debited from my account after I've successfully set up the funds transfer?
No, the money is only debited from your account when the recipient collects the money. The recipient has up to 24 hours to collect the money from the time you set up the funds transfer.
10 My fund transfer is unsuccessful. Why? How can I check the status?
Your unsuccessful fund transfer could be due to many reasons such as:
- The One-Time-Password entered might be incorrect.
- The service might be temporarily unavailable.
For more details, you can view or check the unsuccessful Pay Anyone transaction in the following ways:
- OCBC Mobile Banking App
Simply tap on "Pay Anyone" icon > Tap on "Send Status" and login using your Online Banking login credentials
- OCBC Internet Banking (desktop only)
Select "Customer service" from menu > Check "Internet transaction history" > select "Pay Anyone" under Transaction type drop-down menu > Select "Unsuccessful" under Transaction status
11 What is a passcode? What is it for?
The passcode is a 6-digit number which you will input as part of the transfer of money set up. You will need to inform the recipient of the passcode (manually) as he/she will require this passcode in order to collect the money. It is a security step to ensure that the correct recipient is collecting the money.
12 Why is it that I have to inform the recipient of the passcode myself?
This is for security purpose to prevent unauthorised personnel from collecting money that is not meant for him/her.
13 OCBC Pay Anyone™ is posting the collection notification on the recipient's Facebook wall. Is it secure?
Yes, the wall post notification is private and will be visible only to the recipient. It will be indicated in the post as "- with Recipient Name".
1 Which Bank accounts can I transfer the money to? Any restriction?
You can credit the money to any account of the 19 FAST (Fast And Secure Transfer) participating banks as long as the banks accept FAST payment.
- Choose the recipient that you wish to send the money to from your (i) Facebook contact list, or (ii) phone book
(i) Facebook contact list:
If you wish to choose from your Facebook contact list, tap on the “Facebook” option, you will be prompted to log into your Facebook account first to sync your contact list (for the first time only)
(ii) Phone book:
If you wish to choose from your phone book, tap on either the “Mobile” or “Email” option, you will be prompted to sync your contacts from your phone book (for the first time only)
2 Do I need to be an OCBC customer to use the OCBC Pay Anyone™ to collect money?
No, you do not need to be an OCBC customer in order to collect money from the sender. However, if you are the party transferring the money, you must be an OCBC customer with OCBC Mobile Banking access and savings and/or current account with us.
3 Are there any charges for using OCBC Pay Anyone™ to collect money?
There is currently no service fee imposed for collecting money via OCBC Pay Anyone™. However, do note that you will still be subjected to mobile data charges as determined by your telecommunication provider.
4 What must I have in order to use the OCBC Pay Anyone™ to collect money?
You need to have the collection unique URL in the SMS/email/Facebook wall post or iMessage (that is only visible to you) notification OR the OCBC Pay Anyone™ mobile banking application in the mobile phone, as well as meet the following requirements:
- a smart phone with mobile browser / desktop computer with web browser (for collection via unique URL) and internet connection
- the passcode (which you have received from the sender)
- the crediting bank and account number
If you are an OCBC customer, you have an additional option to login to OCBC Mobile Banking and select the (OCBC) crediting account. Alternatively, you may key in the account number you wish to transfer the money to.
5 What are the browsers that are supported by OCBC Pay Anyone™?
The mobile browsers are as follow:
- iOS Safari version 3.2 onwards
- Android browser version 3.0 onwards
- Opera mobile version 16.0
- Blackberry browsers version 7.0 onwards
- Chrome for Android version 32
- Firefox for Android version 25
- Internet Explorer Mobile version 10 (partial support)
The desktop browsers are as follow:
- Internet Explorer version 10 and 11 (partial support)
- Firefox version 28.0 onwards
- Chrome version 33.0 onwards
- Safari version 5.1.10
- Opera version 18.0 onwards
6 Do I need to know the crediting bank account branch code to collect money?
No, you do not need the crediting branch code as this is a FAST (Fast And Secure Transfer) transaction. Please note that the crediting bank must be one of the 19 FAST participating banks.
The 19 FAST participating banks are:
- ANZ Bank
- Bank of China
- The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UF J
- BNP Paribas
- CIMB Bank
- DBS Bank/POSB
- Deutsche Bank
- Far Eastern Bank
- HL Bank
- Mizuho Bank
- OCBC Bank
- RHB Bank
- The Royal Bank of Scotland
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
- UOB Bank
7 How long will it take for the money to be credited to my account after I collected the money via OCBC Pay Anyone™?
As OCBC Pay Anyone™ is a FAST (Fast And Secure Transfer) transaction, the money will be credited to your account almost instantaneously.
8 What is a passcode? What is it for?
The passcode is a 6-digit number which the sender will disclose to you manually. You will require this passcode in order to collect the money.
9 My collection is unsuccessful. Why?
Your unsuccessful collection could be due to one of the following reasons:
- The payer has insufficient funds in the designated account at the point when you collect the money
- You have input the wrong bank account number to deposit money to
- FAST (Fast And Secure Transfer) payment system is not available due to system maintenance.
- You have input the wrong passcode or the link has been used previously.
10 When will the collection unique URL expires?
The collection unique URL will expire 24 hours after the sender set-up the transfer of money to you (the recipient).
11 How do I collect the money if the collection unique URL expires?
You can click on the "Ask sender to resend money" link of the expired transaction to request sender to re-send the money to you.